BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, October 22, 2009

pink ribbon cake

This cake comes with a little bit of a back story. Last week one of my girlfriends rode with me to deliver a birthday cake to a friend in Belton (just outside of Killeen, TX) & we got to talking about recent events in our hometown. She filled me in on a very special lady that works with her at her school that was diagnosed with breast cancer about 2 weeks after school started this year. She told of how every.single.person. on their campus has rallied around to support this lady, all the special things they have done & are planning to do for her to keep her spirits up as she goes through treatment. When she was telling me all this, besides being totally in awe, it got me to thinking of how I could help. So when she said they wanted to do a pink cake & pink lemonade day I immediately volunteered to make the cake. I know God has a plan for everyone & everything & I totally & completely believe that He put my friend in my truck that day to tell me that story. The kindness & support that these folks have displayed has been completely inspiring. The writing is kinda hard to see in the pictures but it says: Team Stephanie Fight Like A Girl. They had this printed on t-shirts that every person on campus has bought & wears every Thursday & I believe will be wearing in the upcoming Susan G. Koman Race For The Cure race in Austin, TX. I encourage everyone to do what you can to support the fight against breast cancer, every woman diagnosed is someone's mother, sister, daughter, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment